|When available, Marshall Writers' Guild anthologies are on sale at the Fitzgibbon Hospital Gift Shop, the Leaning Side, the Marshall Public Library, the Marshall Welcome Center|Wooden Spirits (Jim the Wonder Dog Museum), the Nicholas Beazley Aviation Museum/Martin Community Center Gift Shop, and Square Corner in Marshall; and at the Bucksnort Trading Company in Arrow Rock. Guild anthologies are also on sale on Amazon and EBay. Guild anthologies are:|
Grant funding to assist with publication is provided by the Missouri Writers' Guild and Walmart.
- Write On! Fact and Fiction | Past and Present, 2018
- Saline County Structures and Stories, Volume II, 2017
- Saline County Structures and Stories, 2016
- On the Street Where You Live in Saline County, 2015
- Notes and Notables of Saline County, 2014
- The Late Fifties, Marshall and Elsewhere, 2013
- The Early Fifties, Marshall and Elsewhere, 2012
- The Forties, 2011
- The Great Depression BitterSweet Days 1929-1939, 2010
- Saline Silhouettes, 2009
- More Marshall MOments, 2008
- Marshall MOments, 2007
- Personalities, 2006
- Once Upon a Time, 2005
- The Wonder of It All, 2004
- Treasures, 2003
- Memories, 2002
- Seasons of the Mind, 2001
- Reflections, 2000
2018 CALL FOR MANUSCRIPTS CLOSED
Questions may be addressed to Sidney Sullivan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The deadline for submissions from any writer with Saline County connections is July 1, 2018. The theme for 2018 is "Past and Present both Fact and Fiction." The formats are fiction, poetry, nonfiction, and local history.
- Entries may be emailed as Word attachments to Sidney Sullivan at email@example.com. In the subject line of the email, put entrant's name and MWG Entry. For those without computer access, hard copy may be mailed to Sidney Sullivan, 318 North Brunswick Avenue, Marshall MO 65340. Each entry must be the original work of the entrant, typed using Microsoft Word, 12-point, Times New Roman. Please include a cover sheet with the title, author's name, address, phone number, and author's biography of 75 words or less written in the third person. Previously published work will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Entries will not be returned and first time publishing rights will be assumed. This includes publication on the Guild web site, any compilation by the Guild, and the submission of individual stories to The Marshall Democrat-News.
- Writers whose work is selected for publication will be notified and possibly announced in the media along with the publication date and where the booklet may be purchased.
- Two poems may be submitted and should be single spaced with a double space between verses. Each poem is limited to 500 words. Two prose entries may be submitted. Each is limited to 1,500 words and should be double-spaced.
Refusal to adhere to the Guild Style Sheet may disqualify entries.
- Two accompanying photographs are welcome and more will be accepted at the discretion of the editor. Graphics or original art work on the topic will be considered. Guild booklets are published in black and white.
|The Guild is indebted to member Holly Forsman for her first class photos.|
|Content Manager and Contact: Sidney West Sullivan ~ firstname.lastname@example.org | GUILD HOME|